What better way is there, than to spend your winter nights with family, snuggled up in front of your open fireplace! It sounds perfect, but it can also come with some dangers. A fireplace that is not regularly maintained, or is showing signs of age, can pose a potential house fire risk. Stay safe by following our top 5 quick fireplace safety tips.
- Make sure to have your open fireplace inspected and professionally cleaned regularly.
- Make sure the damper or flue is open before starting a fire. …
- Always use dry and well-aged wood.
- We recommend using smaller pieces of wood placed on a grate. It will burn faster and produce less smoke.
- Clean out ashes from previous fires.